Sanluri’s medieval castle
It’s the only Medieval castle entirely visitable in Sardinia and site of an important war museum created by the General Nino Villa Santa who lived inside the castle until his death, 1960.
Right there, in 1409, there was a tragic battle between the Locals and the Aragonese, where the locals where beaten and lost definitely their Great Independence Dream.
A journey through the Sardinian Middle Age and their enlightned people, such as Eleonora d’Arborea , and the last century through the war museum.
Sanluri lived its richest time in the Middle Age and thanks to its strategic position became a fortress between the Giudicati of Cagliari and Oristano.
Inside the castle you will be amazed by the museum of the First and Second World War.
What does the excursion include?
- certified tour guide
- pick-up Hotel in South Sardinia
- Languages: english, german, spanish, french, russian
What to bring
- Comfortable clothing, suitable for the season.
- Comfortable shoes.
Book your excursion
Fill out the form entering all the data and we will give you confirmation of availability.
Large group or special needs?
No worries, you can request a custom quote.
PRICE AND CONDITIONS
• Insurance included
• Kids up to 4 free. We arrange family discounts
• Entrance fees to museum or archeological sites are included. Snacks or tasting if written in the description.